Monday, March 29, 2010

Too stupid not to share

We are about to get the money from selling my husband's grandmother's apartment building. She passed away about six years ago, and Hairyman and his brothers have been fighting over the estate since then. That's all about to be over and done, and we'll be getting a modest amount in the final split.

Hairyman said everyone can choose a gift for themselves, up to $1000. Noodlenose is getting a rockin' new guitar. Navy Man will pick something when he gets home in May, probably involving guitars too, and I decided I wanted a nice set of diamond jewelry. We may also get a piano for the house, and a drum machine, so the boys can have a band in the basement, and when they get me drunk enough I might sing for them. This all sounds so nice and Beaver Cleaver-ish, right?? Aww, those Kiefers, they're so cute!!

But wait! What does my husband want for his gift?

He wants a shrunken head.

The boy is damaged. I am leg-shackled to a damaged human being.

No comments: