Monday, March 8, 2010

OK, it's really getting old now.

Every day, I perform a large number of various tasks at work. Mostly, they are performed correctly. I'm no angel, I make mistakes, but out of 100 things, maybe one will be so wrong it needs to be redone, and maybe one or two more need tweaking. Not too shabby, I'd say. But despite a pretty good record, and in the middle of a day that was already crazy and crazy-busy, because we STILL do not have a replacement for The Assistant From Hell, my boss this afternoon chose to call me into his office and make a stink about a mistake that A) I had NO CLUE was a mistake, because I didn't design the computer program that doesn't like the mistake I made, and because the guy who did (him) never told me it even WAS a mistake; and B) happened in OCTOBER. Uhhh, give it a rest, hmmm? The control-freak thing is so five minutes ago, dude. You catch more flies with honey and all that crap.

And then I went home and cried. No, really!

No comments: