Friday, October 16, 2009

When life hands you reconstituted lemon juice (from concentrate)...

1




...take it as an omen.

So sometimes in life, you're going to encounter people who think they can think for other people. These people have a tendency to ascribe meaning to other people's words that didn't exist in the mind of the person whose words they were. This seems to satisfy them, so who am I to judge? (Well, besides being the injured party. But I'm not bitter.) But when it gets to the point in the saga where nobody can deal with anyone or anything like an adult anymore, it's best to take a step back, dust yourself off, and take it as an omen. I was spending too much time not doing the important things in life, like drinking and housework and writing, so I'm choosing to see another person's pettiness as a way to self-motivate. I will come up with a plan of action and do my level best to stick to it. My kitchen will be tidier, my living room will - OK, MIGHT - get vacuumed, and my dog will get a bath. Mount Washmore will be scaled, people! I will concentrate on the important people in my life - the ones who live by the golden rule, and treat others as they would like to be treated. You know who you are.

No comments: